* Come freshly showered, as you will not be able to shower till after the device is removed the next day * Bring the names of any medications and dosages currently used, in writing.
* Schedule the exam for a day of normal activity; working, driving, studying, etc. This allows us to get an accurate, daily routine reading.
*Make note of activities as accurately as possible so that we may link your ECG reading with your actions.
* The Holter exam is a 100% risk free procedure. Other than sensitivity to the adhesive electrodes, patients experience little, to no, discomfort.
Instructions after installing the Holter monitor * Do not touch the recorder.
* Do not pull the electrodes or cables.
Instructions for the installation of a Holter monitor
* Clean the patient's skin with rubbing alcohol to remove excess oil, while rubbing the skin well so that dead cells are removed.
* For male patients, when necessary, shave with the disposable razor or electric razor to remove excess hair.
* The electrodes are already connected to the device and must be attached to the patient so be sure to use a high-quality hypo-allergenic adhesive to ensure a clean connection.
* To remove the glue accumulated in the cables it is recommend using gauze and rubbing alcohol. Occasionally almond oil is helpful to prevent dryness and hair breakage.
* It is important to note that the battery recharger will not effectively work unless both batteries are placed correctly inside the charging station. Another important tip is to not remove the battery from the charger before 20 hours of charging. Also, the batteries should be charged for at least 24 hours before use.
TIP: ALWAYS USE DISPOSABLE BATTERIES AND RECOGNIZABLE BRANDS (ENERGIZER, DURACEL OR PANASONIC) BE CAREFUL WHEN BUYING BATTERIES. USING A LOW QUALITY BATTERY COOULD LEAD TO A LACK OF POWER.